Powell Chemical Dependency Center
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
700 E. University
Des Moines, IA 50315
p: (515) 263-2424
(located on the 4th floor of Iowa Lutheran Hospital)
Download the Powell Chemical Dependency Center brochure to learn about the program and services.
- Evaluation and Assessment - Individuals call to schedule a session to evaluate the seriousness of their substance abuse. Please call: 515-263-2424.
- Detoxification - takes place with strict medical supervision in a hospital setting.
- Treatment - Several treatment levels are offered; inpatient care in a hospital or residential setting, day treatment, evening outpatient or relapse specified outpatient. Patients move from one level of care to another, based on their clinical need. All treatment is provided by a skilled interdisciplinary staff team.
- Family Program - Powell CDC provides a unique family treatment program for concerned persons who have been negatively affected by addiction. By understanding chemical dependency and receiving support, concerned persons can better cope with the stress special family dynamics often caused by addiction. Without treatment, family illness can continue to progress. Surprisingly, recovery for family members can occur even if the chemically dependent person keeps using. Please contact : Teresa Furneaux at: 515- 263-2429 for further information.
- Continuing Care - Counselor lead therapy groups, peer support groups, individual therapy and co-dependency education.
- Aftercare - Powell CDC offers multiple, volunteer-led, aftercare growth groups with people in recovery to stay connected on a regular basis with others who are recovering too.
- Education and Consultation - Public information, counselor education and internships. Please contact: Teresa Furneaux at: 515-263-2429.
- Weekend Outpatient - Weekend IOP is a an extension of the same high quality treatment programing that occurs at Powell CDC Monday - Friday.
Offered to provide flexibility for those individuals who have schedule restrictions due to work, childcare or other reasons.
Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm