- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup trans-free margarine (chilled)
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk (chilled)
For the topping
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain fat-free yogurt
In a large mixing bowl, re-sift the flours, baking powder and sugar together. Using a fork, cut the chilled margarine into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the chilled milk and stir just until a moist dough forms.
Turn the dough onto a generously floured work surface and, with floured hands, knead gently 6 to 8 times until the dough is smooth and manageable. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 8 squares. Place the squares onto the prepared baking pan and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer the biscuits onto individual plates. Top each with 1 cup strawberries and 1 1/2 tablespoons yogurt. Serve immediately.
Source: Mayo Clinic