There are countless physical and emotional benefits to spending time outdoors, and summer is the perfect time to combine sunshine and fresh air with the activities you love. Whether you're looking to exercise, relax or just enjoy your surroundings, getting outside is essential for healthy living.
That's why UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and Polk County Conservation are excited to host, Do More Outdoors on Sunday, June 9, 2013 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Easter Lake Park located at 2830 Easter Lake Drive.
This FREE event for the whole family will feature plenty of hands-on activities to try, including:
- Fishing - It's free fishing weekend...no fishing license required! A limited supply of fishing poles and bait will be available.
- Canoeing - Paddle your way around Easter Lake. Canoes and lifejackets will be supplied.
- Geocaching - Hunt for hidden treasures! Bring a photo i.d. to check-out equipment.
- Smart Choices Obstacle Challenge - Kids (and adults) will learn about making healthy choices regarding nutrition, personal safety and exercise.
- Water Safety Education - Information provided by the Army Core of Engineers.
In addition, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is giving away a $100 gift card to Scheels!
So, join us for this fun-filled afternoon, celebrating healthy living and the great outdoors!