Week 14 Recipe: Garden Omelet
August 1, 2013
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
While you're at the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market this Saturday, pick up some fresh, locally grown ingredients for this week's healthy recipe, a Garden Omelet. With less than 90 calories it will jump start your day!
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomato
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 6 egg whites
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp tarragon
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with butter-flavored spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Brown mushrooms, tomato, and onion in the butter spray.
- In a large bowl. Beat the rest of the ingredients until foamy.
- Pour over the browned vegetables and cook over medium heat until puff and light brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the omelet in half and place a lid over the skillet for 5 minutes, until the omelet is done.
- Divide in half and enjoy!
Calories:82, Total Fat: 1g, Saturated fat: 0g, Total Carbohydrate: 6g, Total Protein: 13g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Sodium: 217mg, Total Sugar:3g
We'll See You At The Market!