Week 16 Recipe: Grilled Salmon with Melon Salsa
August 15, 2013
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
Salmon is a healthy alternative to red meat. It is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce the risk of heart disease! This week's recipe combines the nutritional value of salmon with a serving of fruit!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped honeydew
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped watermelon
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 salmon fillets with skin removed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and group pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the melons, cilantro, honey, lime zest and juice.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir and let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill for medium to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets all over with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Place on grill and cook until browned on one side, approximately 3 or 4 minutes.
- Turn and brown the other side until opaque in the center
- Place salmon on platter and serve immediately with the melon salsa.
Energy (kcal): 126, Total Fat: 6g, Total Carbohydrate: 10g, Total Protein: 8g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Total Saturated Fatty Acids (SFA): 1g, Total Monounsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFA): 3g, Total Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA): 2g, Total Dietary Fiber: 0.6g, Sodium: 62mg, Total Sugars: 9g