Bug bites and stings usually are just nuisances. They bring momentary
alarm, temporary discomfort and pain, but no serious or lasting health
problems. But on occasion, they can cause infections that require
treatment and allergic reactions that can be serious, even fatal.
Parents should know the signs of an infection or allergic reaction,
and when to get medical attention. Inform all caregivers if a child has
any history of complications so they know what to do in the event of a
bug bite or sting.
What to Do About:
Bee and Wasp Stings