1st Friend for Life eNewsletter
Sign you and a friend up today!
Can a friend save your life? Can you save a friend's life, or your mother's, or your sister's? When it comes to fighting breast cancer, catching it early saves lives. John Stoddard Cancer Center encourages you to sign up for the "1st Friend for Life" eNewsletter. On the 1st of every month you'll receive an email reminding you to complete your self-breast exam. We encourage you to also sign up a friend or simply forward your email on as a way to remind a friend to do the same on the first of every month.
Breast cancer is the leading cancer site among American women and is second only to lung cancer in cancer deaths, and it is something women cannot ignore. This year in the United States, 212,920 women and 1,720 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 40,970 women and 460 men will die from the disease. When breast cancer is found early (and confined to the breast), your chances for survival are the greatest. Early detection is key to curing this disease.
Become a "1st Friend for Life"
- Choose a friend-your mother, daughter, sister or a pal.
- Agree to be 1st Friends for Life-On the 1st day of each month remind your friend to do her monthly self breast examination checking for unusual changes or lumps-and remember to do your monthly exam, too.
- This can be a phone call or as simple as forwarding the "1st Friend for Life" eNewsletter.
- Check with your friend each month to be sure she does her breast self-exam.
- Remind your friend to have a yearly physical and mammogram, if appropriate.
- Most importantly, focus on living life to the fullest, being the best possible mom, sister, wife, daughter and friend.
Sign up to receive the "1st Friend for Life" monthly e-Newsletter!