Ask Me 3
These questions are designed to help you take better care of your health. Visit www.npsf.org/askme3 for more details.
Ask Me 3
Good Questions for Your Good Health
Every time you talk with a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist, use the Ask Me 3 Questions to better understand your health. Asking these questions can you take charge of your health, prepare for medical tests and understand the medications you are taking.
Ask Me 3 Questions
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
When to Ask Questions
- When you see your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
- When you prepare for a medical test or procedure.
- When you get your medicine.
Other Ask Me 3 Tips:
- Don't be nervous to talk with your health provider about these questions. You may be surprised to learn that your medical team wants you to let them know that you need help. You might say, "This is new to me. Will you please explain that to me one more time?"
- Bring your medicines with you the next time you visit your doctor or pharmacist. Like many people, you may see more than one doctor. It is important that your doctors know all the medicines you are taking so that you can stay healthy.
Ask Me 3T is an educational program provided by the Partnership for Clear Health Communication at the National Patient Safety Foundation - a coalition of national organizations that are working together to promote awareness and solutions around the issue of low health literacy and its effect on safe care and health outcomes.