Blank Children's Hospital
Blank Children's Hospital is the only hospital in central Iowa dedicated to meeting the unique health care needs of children. Blank Children's is an 88-bed environment that embraces and encourages families to be a part of their child's healing and recovery. Everything from equipment to decor is designed specifically for children.
Committed to Family-Centered Healing, Caring and Teaching
At Blank Children's Hospital, we embrace a family-centered care philosophy where families are recognized as the most important part of a child's healing process and are encouraged to be actively involved in patient care the constant in children's lives.
Our care philosophy has shown that children:
- Are less anxious
- Need less medication
- Recover faster
- Medical equipment just the right size for kids.
- Décor that's designed to be soothing to children and families.
- Private, spacious inpatient rooms, which comfortably accommodate overnight stays by a family member.
- Variety Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery - one of the first Level III neonatal intensive care units anywhere to offer private rooms, enabling neonatal specialists to maximize newborns' growth and development potential while giving families the amenities necessary to stay and bond with their child.
- Pediatric intensive care unit featuring the latest in pediatric critical care technology and treatment .
- Comfortable lounges on every floor.
- Play areas for patients and siblings on every floor.