As summer wraps up and fall slowly approaches, what better way to have a taste of both seasons with a slice of apple pizza! This week's recipe
is sure to satisfy your taste for summer as you welcome the flavors of fall.
(Makes 6 servings)
- 10 ounces of pizza dough, rolled flat
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding
- 4 teaspoons caramel sauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Prebake pizza crust until dough is firm but not golden, about 8 minutes.
- Toss apples with cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread vanilla pudding over pizza crust.
- Spread apples evenly over the pizza crust.
- Bake until apples are soft and crust is golden, about 8 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve each piece with fresh blueberries.
- Drizzle each piece of pizza with 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce.
Calories: 218, Total Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Total Carbohydrate: 31 g, Total Protein: 18 g, Cholesterol: 38 mg, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Total Sodium: 94 mg, Total Sugar: 3 g
Join us this Saturday at the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market
to experience the music and market programs while stocking up on this week's groceries from local farmers and vendors.