UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and Polk County Conservation are excited to host, Do More Outdoors on Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Thomas Mitchell Park located at 10509 NE 46th Avenue.
Get ready to Do More Outdoors at this FREE event for the whole family. There will be plenty of hands-on activities to try, including:
- Enjoy the tranquility of Kayaking (must be 12 years or older to participate)
- Hike your way through the park on a guided tour
- Search for hidden treasures while Geocaching (equipment will be available to use with a valid i.d. or you can bring your own)
- Learn about the creatures living in or around the lake during the Pond Study (you might even catch something)
- Get active with a variety of fun, family games, including frisbee, hula hoops and bags!
*Most activities will take place at Shelter #1.
Keep checking back for more details!