Ground Ambulance Services
p: 515-241-4EMS (4367) for service.
Please call 911 for an emergency.
Ground Ambulance Service
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines provides ground ambulance services for our patients through the Iowa EMS Alliance. The ambulance service is provided through a partnership between UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and the City of West Des Moines EMS, central Iowa's only accredited ambulance provider through the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services. Our partnership with the City of West Des Moines EMS provides highly-trained and professional paramedics and EMT's to meet our patients' complete medical needs.
Currently, we operate three ambulances for patients requiring advanced and basic life support, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Iowa EMS Alliance services include:
- Blank Children's Hospital Pediatric and Neonatal Transports
- Inter-hospital transports
- Backup for Life Flight
- Patients being discharged to other hospitals or care facilities
- Ability to tier with your crew while en route to one of our facilities
- Bariatric transport
- Intra Aortic Balloon pumps