Summer in the City: Fireworks Displays Around Des Moines
Posted: July 1, 2013
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
Fourth of July just wouldn't be the same without fireworks! There are plenty of great displays to choose from in the upcoming weeks, lighting up Des Moines and the surrounding communities. Grab a blanket and get ready for some "Ooooos" and "Ahhhhs"!
July 3rd Displays:
July 4th Displays:
- Adventureland Park | Fireworks after dusk, approximately 9:40 p.m. inside the park
- Carlisle - North Park | Fireworks at 9:30pm
- Indianola - Fireworks at National Balloon Classic Field | 9:30 pm Nite Glow Balloons at 9:30 p.m. followed by fireworks at 10:00 p.m.
- Norwalk - McAninch Sports Complex| Fireworks at Dusk
- Urbandale | Walker Johnston Park (west side) at 10:00 p.m.
- Waukee - Centennial Park | After dusk, approximately 9:30 p.m.
- West Des Moines - Blue Heron Lake at Raccoon River Park | After dusk
- Windsor Heights - Colby Park | Fireworks start at 10:00 p.m.
More to Come...
Before your family celebrates, make sure everyone knows about fireworks safety. If fireworks are not handled properly, they can cause severe burns and eye injuries in kids and adults. Even sparklers can cause major burns and injury. Stay safe this 4th of July - attend public fireworks displays, and leave the lighting to the professionals!