Make your summer cookout complete with this week's Grilled Corn recipe. Stop by the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market this Saturday and pick up fresh herbs and vegetables to make this delectable side dish.
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and oregano.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Brush this mixture lightly on each ear of corn and place each ear onto a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap up the corn.
- Wrap like a burrito and twist the ends to close.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until the corn is tender when poked with a fork.
Calories: 151, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 21mg, Total Carbohydrates: 20g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 6g
While you are at the Market this Saturday stop by our tent located at 3rd & Court to meet our diabetes and nutrition experts. They will provide education on proper nutrition, portion control and healthy substitutions. Enjoy tasty samples of our favorite healthy snacks, while your kids try their hand at measuring at our "Kids in the Kitchen" exhibit. We look forward to seeing you!