Experiencing a heart attack or stroke is a life-changing event that affects not only the patient, but their loved ones, as well. Finding the highest quality of rehabilitative care is a crucial for a successful transition back home and preventing future illness or events.
Transitioning from the hospital to home can be overwhelming. We can help.
The talented cardiology staff at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines- Des Moines provides outstanding Heart, Lung and Vascular Care to all of their patients. in the hospital, throughout rehabilitation, and in the comfort of your own home.
In the Hospital, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines...
- Provides exceptional interventional care for patients, often preventing the need for open-heart surgery
- Implements the guideline of treatment in 90 minutes or less, as recommended by the American Heart Association
- Has been named a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care - Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Has been designated as Premium Cardiac Surgery Centers by UnitedHealthcare - Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Is a specially certified Primary Stroke Center, offering crucial treatment immediately following a stoke and increasing the chances of survival and recovery - Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Throughout Rehabilitation, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines...
- Offers extensive, individualized education through a comprehensive team of health professionals
- Supervises and monitors individual and exercise programs
- Evaluates risk factors
- Provides lifestyle counseling
At home, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines...
- Offers exceptional and compassionate medical and rehabilitative care from specially trained staff
- Assists patients with medication management and activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation and light household chores
- Delivers home medical equipment right to your door, and provides training and routine maintenance
- Assists with local transportation, which includes driving to and from medical appointments
- Offers companionship and assistance to patients, while providing support and security to family members and caregivers.
Quality healthcare shouldn't end when a patient is discharged from the hospital.
At UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, we pride ourselves on delivering comprehensive treatment and services through every phase of recovery. Our exceptional Heart, Lung & Vascular Care services offer piece of mind for patients and families recovering from a heart attack or stroke.