UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is excited to partner with the 2013 Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market! Every Saturday at The Market, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines volunteers and staff will be on-hand sharing safety tips, healthy recipes and fun activities with the whole family.
This week, Trauma Services at UnityPoint Health will be raising awareness for the Just Drive campaign. What does it mean to Just Drive? It means:
- You focus on driving
- You do not text while driving
- You do not allow distractions to affect your driving
- you use a hands-free device when talking on the phone in your car
Car accidents are often PREVENTABLE!
Did you know:
- Distracted drivers are the top cause of car accidents in the U.S. today
- Texting accounts for nearly 25% of ALL car accidents, approximately 1,600,000 each year
Stop by our booth located at 3rd & Court to learn more eye-opening facts, prevention and safety tips. While you're there, sign the text-free-driving pledge... keeping yourself, and others on the road, at a lower risk for crashes.
At UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, we care about the safety of you and your loved ones. We look forward to partnering with the 2013 Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market, spreading health and happiness throughout our community!