Local vendors and home-grown products are what make the Downtown Farmers' Market such a unique experience, and this week's recipe features one specialty produced right here in Iowa. Pickle Creek Herbal Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar is made by Pickle Creek, a local grower/ producer/vendor from Jefferson County. Be sure to stop by their booth this weekend to check out the many fresh herbs and herbal products they have available.
UnityPoint Health- Des Moines supports our local producers, and understands the importance of having fresh ingredients in our diets. Each week, we will share a unique recipe which calls for ingredients you can pick up at the Downtown Farmers' Market. Download this week's recipe, and collect them all!
(Makes 4 Servings)
1 bag of spinach
- 6 tablespoons Pickle Creek Herbal Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (cream style)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Mix Pickle Creek Herbal Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar, olive oil, sugar, horseradish, salt, black pepper and garlic in a small container.
- Shake all ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Take a small whisk and stir for another 30 seconds. Make sure horseradish cream and sugar are well blended.
- Pour over spinach and serve.
Ingredient substitute: If you do not have Pickle Creek Herbal Rosemary Balsamic Vinegar, you may substitute 3 tablespoons of red wine and 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
While you're downtown this weekend, be sure to stop by our UnityPoint Health tent located at 3rd & Court. This week, we'll be offering skin cancer screenings and sun safety tips, and promoting the Do More Outdoors program. Also, Dam to Dam participants are invited to stop by and show their race number for a special giveaway!
We'll see you at The Market!