This week's recipe calls for several fresh ingredients, giving you the perfect excuse to visit the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market this Saturday! While you're strolling through The Market this weekend, try visiting a stand you've never been to before. We all have our favorites, but you never know what hidden gem you might find! Download this week's recipe, and collect them all!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 6 eggs whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Ground ginger to taste
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the canola oil and saute the vegetables until crisp-tender, about 110 minutes.
- Add rice and stir, then add the egg whites; mix with the rice and vegetables until fully cooked.
- Season with light soy sauce and sesame oil.
While shopping downtown for your fresh ingredients, be sure to stop by the UnityPoint Health tent located at 3rd and Court to meet our Wellness Department. Staff will be on-hand leading the crowd in fun, physical activities at the top of every hour! Exercise and healthy nutrition go hand-in-hand, so come visit us for more tips and fun ways to get healthy!
We'll see you at The Market!