Week 7 Recipe: Greek Pasta Salad
Posted: June 13, 2013
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
Download this week's recipe that calls for several vegetables, herbs and pasta. All of which you can find fresh at the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market! With vendors from 51 counties from Iowa, you're sure to find all the fresh ingredients you need for this summer salad favorite.
- 3 cups dried spiral pasta
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons diced black olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cold water. Allow to stand until ready to use.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients together in a large salad or mixing bowl.
- Add the pasta.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve!
Be sure to also stop by the UnityPoint Health-Des Moines tent located at 3rd & Court for weight loss and portion control activities, tips and information. While you're there, pick-up a fruit and veggie scrubber we'll be giving away to help prepare all your fresh finds!
We'll see you at The Market!