Smoothies are a tasty way to consume fruits, vegetables and other healthy foods. It's fun to mix and match a variety of ingredients to create new concoctions that are nutrient-rich, delicious and refreshing!
This week's recipe calls for five healthy ingredients including flax seeds, a tiny seed that is packed full of nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals and essential vitamins. There's some evidence that this mighty seed may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes!
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup nonfat light vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glass with straw and enjoy!
*Consume immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
Calories: 181, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 72mg, Total Carbohydrate: 22g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 16g, Protein: 8g