This week's recipe combines all of your favorite fresh flavors from the Downtown Des Moines Farmers' Market. The locally grown herbs and spices combined with nutritious vegetables, and lean meat creates the perfect mix of flavors leaving you with a delicious well-balanced meal for your family!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 3 potatoes, rinsed and sliced in 1/4 inch disks
- 1 bunch asparagus
- black pepper
- garlic pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons garden chives
- 1 tsp olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Heat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Tear a large piece of foil and place on a cookie tray. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Line the chicken breasts, potato slices, and asparagus on the foil in a single layer.
- Top chicken breasts, potato slices, and asparagus with seasoning.
- Place on the grill.
- Top the chicken with spinach.
- Cook for 15 minutes and turn everything over
- Grill for 5 more minutes until chicken is done and remove from grill.
- Serve hot.
- While items are grilling, make the bruschetta by tossing all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Place bruschetta on top of chicken breasts when done.
Calories: 218, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat:0g, Total Carbohydrate: 31g, Total Protein 18g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Total Sodium: 94mg, Total Sugar: 3g
While you are at the Market this Saturday, stop by our tent at 3rd & Court. We will have our Maternity Services and OB/GYN Clinic staff from UnityPoint Health - Des Moines with us to answer questions about pregnancy, delivery, breastfeeding and more. Feel free to try on an empathy belly, snap a silly photo and grab a great giveaway item, too!