Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Undergoing ostomy surgery can be overwhelming. It is difficult to learn everything you need to know while you are in the hospital. We have four certified ostomy nurses here to serve you and to help you return to an active, productive life.
The Ostomy Nurse team
Rita Huntrods, RN, CWON
Ostomy Support Group
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines offers an ostomy support group the first Wednesday of every month from 5 - 6 p.m. at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. Meetings will take place in the Younker 1 classroom. To learn more, please call (515) 241-8070.
- Benirschke, R. Alive and Kicking. Firefly Press. 1996.
- Benirschke, R. Great Comebacks from Ostomy Surgery. ConvaTec. 2002
- Benitez, S. and Brody, J. Bag Lady: a Memoir. Benitez Books. 2006.
- Elsagher, B. I'd Like to Buy a Bowel Please! Expert Publishing. 2006.
- Foley-Bolch, K. and Kassouf, M. and Sweeney, B. Yes, We Can. Chandler House Press. 2000.