UnityPoint Clinic | Weight Loss at West Des Moines
6600 Westown Parkway, Suite 220
West Des Moines, IA 50266
toll free: 877-220-9727
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Attend a free weight loss surgery information seminar!
Our Advantage...Your Success
UnityPoint Clinic | Weight Loss offers a comprehensive program offering several important advantages for patients, including:
- A dedicated team of specialists who have many years of experience in dealing with the needs of weight loss surgery patients.
- Medical Director Teresa LaMasters, MD, has received special training in minimally invasive
bariatric surgery techniques, including advanced robotic assisted
surgeries performed with the daVinci ® Surgical system.
- Todd Eibes, MD has performed gastric bypass surgeries and laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgeries for more than a decade, with very low complication rates.
- We are a designated Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery® from the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. For this designation, the ASMBS requires the hospital or institution to perform at least 125 bariatric surgeries per year, have a dedicated multi-disciplinary bariatric team, report long-term outcomes and submit to an on-site inspection. Over 400 hospitals and institutions are designated as ASMBS Centers of Excellence in the U.S.
- Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa has designated Iowa Methodist Medical Center as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery®. Blue Distinction is a designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies to medical facilities that have demonstrated expertise in delivering quality healthcare. The designation is based on rigorous, evidence-based selection criteria established in collaboration with expert physicians' and medical organizations' recommendations.
Program components include:
- Nutrition counseling, to discuss the nutritional changes necessary for all stages of your weight loss surgery journey.
- Exercise consultation, to provide individual guidance about appropriate levels of exercise and intensity throughout your weight loss.
- Mental health consultation to help patients understand the life changes that accompany bariatric surgery.
- Facilitation of quality care through immediate access to all areas of specialized physicians within Iowa Methodist Medical Center.
- Accessible follow-up care.
- Follow-through with primary care physicians before and after surgery.
- Dedicated support group that will meet monthly to discuss life as a bariatric surgery patient.
- UnityPoint Clinic | Weight Loss at West Des Moines and Iowa Methodist Medical Center have re-qualified to be part of the OptumHealth Bariatric Centers of Excellence network (COE). Because clinical outcomes of bariatric surgery vary widely, receiving services at an OptumHealth Bariatric Resource Services Center of Excellence facility helps to ensure that bariatric surgery and care are delivered in a manner that meets strict standards and increases the likelihood of superior outcomes; it also ultimately reduces costs.