Iowa Health - Des Moines Maternity Services Launches Diaper-A-Day Program
Posted: August 3, 2012
Iowa Health - Des Moines Maternity Services has partnered with DMARC (Des Moines Area Religious Council) to donate diapers to families in need in the Des Moines area.
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines
There are 3 simple ways to help donate diapers to families in need
1. Like us on Facebook - Facebook.com/IowaPregnancy
2. Answer daily questions - Facebook.com/IowaPregnancy
3. Follow us on Twitter - Twitter.com/IowaPregnancy
Some mothers have to choose between paying rent, buying food or having necessities such as diapers for their babies. For struggling mothers, diapers fall to a low priority and most low-income programs do not cover diapers and wipes.
DMARC is an interfaith organization that exists to provide a common means of responding to basic human needs in the greater Des Moines community. Largely known for its food pantry network, DMARC has several programs that fulfills their mission. DMARC compassionately cares about the people of Des Moines and offers assistance to those in need.
• In just one of DMARC's twelve pantry distribution sites, there are more than 1,300 infants and babies age 24 months and younger registered to receive diapers.
• A healthy infant uses 10-12 diapers in 24 hours, and a healthy toddler 6-8 per day. IN limited-income households, a baby may remain in a single soiled diaper all day, or sometimes days at a time, increasing health risks.
• Unhappy babies are crying babies. Regrettably, a baby crying non-stop from being in a soiled diaper for a long time is at higher risk to be abused.
Learn more and donate today!