Stay Hip - and Healthy - Over the Holidays!
Posted: October 26, 2012
Tips to Stay Slim Over the Holidays! - brought to you by UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Weight Loss Specialists!
Quote: "if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not
hungry" Michael Pollan
- Eat breakfast.
It will help prevent hunger and over eating later.
- Make a dessert
you don't like and bring it to the party.
- Don't forget
to write in your food journal, it will keep you on track.
- Don't drink
- When traveling, check out airport options and
restaurant menus online.
- Pack a portion plate.
- Weigh yourself weekly to stay on track.
- Use the 3 bite rule with dessert: Have three
bites, put the fork down and be done.
- Protein first, then produce.
- Give yourself one cheat day during the holidays.
- Leave the serving dishes on the stove instead of
on the table, so you're less likely to graze.
- Cravings usually pass within ten minutes, so
distract yourself by calling a friend, Facebooking, walking, painting your
nails, check your email, play a game on your phone or clean.
- Try to eat a little less and/or exercise more
the few days before and/or after the event to balance out calories for the week